New Pioneers is excited to "grow into the future" with a new, part-time Community Educator. This position will oversee the growth, functioning, and success of New Pioneers' public education and community engagement strategies.
Focused responsibilities include*:
Education program development
- Develops the framework for a sustainable education/outreach program for New Pioneers, in line with the 2024-2026 strategic plan and supported by the Executive Director;
- Assesses current in-office educational resources and programmatic offerings to evaluate current strengths and areas of growth, with support from the Executive Director; and
- Assembles and manages volunteers to support education events throughout the year.
Event planning and programming
- Supports the planning, execution, and review of both New Pioneers member-focused education and public education;
- Develops new resources and programs to engage the community through relevant environmental education;
- Handles life-cycle planning for educational programs; including planning, advertising/marketing, materials preparation, event execution, clean up, and program evaluation, with support from New Pioneers staff members; and
- Commits to advancing one’s professional expertise in community development and environmental education by taking advantage of relevant trainings, workshops, and collaborations* (*As approved by the Executive Director).
Community engagement and representation
- Represents New Pioneers to public partners and takes initiative to grow relationships with current/new partners that will lead to collaborations; and
- Oversees New Pioneers’ participation in community-based events and organizes volunteers to oversee such events.
* Please note that responsibilities will be evenly distributed into proposed weekly hour allowances, as such, direct public programming may ebb and flow from week-to-week to accommodate the growth of this position and readiness to host.
Why should you apply? This job is an excellent opportunity for an individual wanting to make an impact on a growing community-based non-profit. New Pioneers values our positive work environment and culture and seeks to enhance our community offerings through this role. This is an exciting chance for an interested individual to align with our mission and work, support a budding environmental education/outreach program, and contribute to community environmental and sustainability literacy.
For more information and to review the full position posting (including requirements, compensation, and benefits), review or download the document linked below.